About the Job
Carrier Procurement Specialist
NOTE - Office location: 396
American Blvd E, Bloomington, MN 55420, USA
The primary role of the Carrier Procurement
Specialist is to complete every aspect of the load dispatching process for Highway
Brokerage while consistently meeting and/or exceeding the customers’ price and
service expectations. The incumbent focuses
on maximizing profit margins and re-enforcing service expectations while
building and maintaining relationships with new and existing carriers. Job
duties may be added or taken away due to operational / business needs and
- Analyze booking information from the Customer Service Specialist in
order to determine and verify the service requirements. Advise Customer Service of any changes to
- Source and contact dependable carriers in order to for equipment
availability, negotiate rates, select carrier based on rate and/or service.
- Ensure new
carriers meet minimum standards prior to usage.
Obtain required carrier documentation.
Follow up with carriers if missing information.
- Dispatch the load. Gather all
required paperwork. Provide Customer Service Specialist with finalized booking
- Understand the wide array of carriers that are available and their
capabilities in order to match them to the customers’ needs.
- Negotiate any
additional charges with carriers ensuring accuracy of information. Obtain appropriate support documentation.
- Build strong relationships with carriers and advise carrier capacity and
rates to the Operations, Pricing and Sales teams.
- Respond to spot
market opportunities. Provide a response
within very tight timelines.
- Optimize profit margin without compromising service.
- Update Pricing, Sales and Brokerage teams on significant issues or trends.
- Analyze information received from the carriers and decipher its
- Other duties and assignments as required.
Education and Industry
- High School diploma.
- Bachelor /
Associate degree in Logistics, Business or related discipline is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years’ highway brokerage dispatch experience in the
- Strong understanding of highway transportation industry, i.e., FTL
- Strong carrier relationships and regional expertise.
- Strong knowledge of North American geography.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Experience with load boards, e.g., DAT, Internet Truck Stop, etc.
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Software
(e.g., SAP, AS400).
- Dedicated commitment to
providing superior, timely internal and external customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in verbal and written form.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills in a team environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Team cooperation and respect is required.
- Able to work in fast paced environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail your
resume with cover letter to email@example.com
with “Carrier Procurement” in the subject line. Wheels thanks all applicants.
However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wheels Clipper is a
division of Radiant Logistics, Inc.
Radiant is a public company (trading as RLGT on the NYSE) operating as a
non-asset based third party logistics provider, and one of the fastest growing
logistics networks in America. Radiant provides domestic and
international freight forwarding services and an expanding array of value-added
solutions, including customs and property brokerage, order fulfillment,
inventory management and warehousing. Visit our website for more information www. wheelsgroup. com
• Post ID: 23524673 minnesota